Design & Construction Project Management
We act as the real estate design & construction department for individuals and companies wishing to outsource these activities. We provide experienced and committed project leadership to manage projects from real estate acquisition through design and construction to occupancy.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN
- Review and analyze program requirements.
- Develop total program budget and master schedule, including projected monthly cash requirements.
- Solicit proposals from, and coordinate selection of, architects, engineers, and other design consultants necessary for the project.
- Facilitate and lead design development process with client and consultants.
- Review architectural and engineering documents for general program compliance, constructability, and cost effectiveness.
- Coordinate zoning, permitting, and code issues.
- Solicit value engineering as necessary to achieve best value for the client.
- Negotiate design fees and disputes with architects and engineers.
- Review and approve design consultant billings.
- Negotiate disputes with landlords on lease language interpretation, financial issues, and other matters.
- Develop client purchasing options to optimize cost and schedule.
- Determine the most appropriate construction delivery system (time and materials, negotiated GMP, competitive bid, etc.).
- Solicit qualified contractors for bidding/negotiation.
- Bid, qualify, scope, negotiate and draft construction contracts.
- Visit construction site as necessary to assess progress and quality control, and to deal with construction issues as they arise.
- Lead periodic project meetings to coordinate activities of contractors, consultants, client, and other project stakeholders.
- Negotiate change orders.
- Process all project cost invoices and submit to client for payment.
- Provide regular reports of paid-to-date expenditures, by vendor and cost category.
- Provide monthly Project Cost Report detailing commitments to date and forecast total project cost.
- Provide monthly Project Schedule Report.
- Develop and maintain occupancy schedule and communicate to appropriate parties.
- Negotiate, purchase, and coordinate all owner furnished material and equipment and their deliveries.
- Assist design and operations team as necessary during move in and set-up to minimize inconvenience and achieve scheduled occupancy.
- Assist and direct design consultants to develop a list of missing or incorrect items at project completion.
- Expedite completion of these items.
- Collect, organize and file/distribute project documentation.
- Ensure timely final completion of all consultant and contract activities.
- Ensure that procedures are set up for project-related maintenance and service.
- Monitor and process tenant improvement allowance payments.
Strategic Retail Consulting
We have experience with a broad range of retail types and locations. We understand both Tenant and Landlord perspectives and responsibilities in retail development.
- Provide retail development planning.
- Provide access to national landlord and tenant leasing contacts.
- Develop work letter and tenant design and construction criteria.
- Develop tenant coordination.